Sleep Apnea in Pearland, TX and the Benefits for Its Treatment
Sleep apnea is a condition characterized by pauses in breathing that can last for seconds to a few minutes during sleep. While it may sound unthreatening, it can occur from 5 to 100 times an hour! Patients who experience it are not aware that they have the condition, but those around them may grow worried due to the loud snoring, choking, or gasping sounds they produce.
There are two types of sleep apnea; Obstructive and Central. Many people commonly experience obstructive sleep apnea. It happened when the soft tissues at the back of the throat collapsed thereby blocking the airway of the person during sleeping. It is usually associated with episodes of breathing cessation during sleep, morning headache, and awakening with a dry mouth. Central sleep apnea, on the other hand, is due to the brain’s failure in sending a signal to the muscle that controls breathing. It is more of a problem on the respiratory control center rather than the airway congestion.
Sleep apnea is a serious medical condition that should not be left unattended. Its complications can include high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, heart problems, daytime fatigue, stroke, and more. In addition, it can also be responsible for poor focus, irritability, and unproductivity.
At Kirby Smiles, we help our suffering patients by providing a professional examination for diagnosis. Afterward, we recommend an oral appliance based on the results of the tests for its proper treatment.
Benefits of Sleep Apnea Treatment
- It reduces the risk of developing any life-threatening conditions for better overall health and wellness.
- Patients can get enough sleep which improves their performance at work or school by boosting their focus, concentration, and alertness.
- Oral appliances are custom-made for each patient with sleep apnea to provide ease and comfort when worn.
- Sleep apnea, when treated, can give one a healthier mental outlook and well-being by alleviating awful symptoms like daytime sleepiness and lack of energy.
- Since the dental appliance for the treatment is handy and easier to use, patients can comply more with it. It does not need much effort and adjustments which saves their time.
If you’re suffering from a sleep disorder that causes breathing pauses, then it may be Sleep Apnea! Book your appointment immediately at Kirby Smiles for Sleep Apnea Treatment in Pearland, TX. You can visit us at 3695 Kirby Dr., #129, Pearland, TX 77584.